How to Apply
Step 1: Review Placement Opportunities
Descriptions for the 2022 GHEFP sites are now available.
|Check out the 2021 sites here.|
Step 2: Learn How it Works
JHU Faculty members CANNOT offer you a placement. Only CGH can formally offer placements Students and sites are matched based on their respective preferences.
NOTE: Students have the opportunity to change their preferences ONCE and must schedule a Zoom conversation with the student program coordinator to make this change.
Step 3: Complete Your Application
Download the instructions and complete the forms below
- Call for Student Applications Please follow all instructions carefully.
- Application form (you need to enable macros to use this form) You will fill out one form for each site to which you apply.
- Recommendation Form (must be a JHU faculty member and cannot be completed by the PI of a site to which you are applying)
- Obtain a copy of your transcript (unofficial transcripts via the SIS website are acceptable).
- You may prepare a CV for submission (not required, but recommended)
Step 4: Upload Materials
- Complete and submit the google form with your personal information and site preference rankings. Students are allowed to apply for up to three placements in priority order. If you are applying to fewer than three sites, please email the Student Program Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss this decision.
- Combine your Application Form, Transcript, and CV (optional) into one single PDF per site. Name your file using the following naming convention: StudentLastName_StudentFirstName_SiteNumber_Application
***We will not accept files that are not named according to this convention. Please double-check for accuracy.***
- Upload each application PDF document to the corresponding Dropbox request link for each site.
- Have your JHU advisor/mentor email the signed letter of recommendation to the Student Program Coordinator (email@example.com) by the application deadline
Applications are due on _______.
If you accept the award you will be required to attend a zoom meeting on ______ EST
Step 5 (Optional): Interview with PI
Faculty members have the opportunity to interview the candidates for their site. Please note that not all PIs take advantage of this opportunity for a variety of reasons. If you are interviewed, consult these guidelines in preparation. Remember that interviews provide the space for you to ask questions of the PI as well as share information about your credentials.
Contact the Student Program Coordinator