Thomas Quinn, MD MS
Director, Johns Hopkins Center for Global Health
International Health, School of Medicine
HIV, AIDS, STDs, STI, epidemiology, global health, infectious diseases, pathogenesis, viral infections, chlamydia, developing countries, resource-limited settings
Quinn TC, Serwadda D. The future of HIV/AIDS in Africa: a shared responsibility. Lancet 2011;377:1133-1134.
Aumakhan B, Hardick A, Quinn TC, Laeyendecker O, Gange SJ, Beyrer C, Cox C, Anastos K, Cohen M, Greenblatt RM, Merenstein DJ, Minkoff H, Nowicki M, Gaydos CA. Genital herpes evaluation by quantitative TaqMan PCR: correlating single detection and quantity of HSV-2 DNA in cervicovaginal lavage fluids with cross-sectional and longitudinal clinical data. Virol J. 2010 Nov 18;7:328.
- Infectious Diseases Institute At Makerere University in Kampala Uganda
- Response to Retroviral Therapy in the Mulago Hospital AIDS Clinic/Infectious Disease Institute: A
- Algorithms for improved cross sectional incidence testing for HIV
- Effects of Male Circumcision (MC) in the Community, with Nested Clinical Research
- Post-trial surveillance, male circumcision for HIV prevention (through the Rakai Health Sciences Pr
- Laboratory support for Rakai Program research activities (through the Rakai Health Sciences Program)
- Development of a rapid test for clinical laboratory diagnosis of Human Chlamydia trachomatis
- HIV Prevention Trials Network: STD Core
- LC: HIV Prevention Trials Network: STD Core