Taha E. Taha, MBBS PhD,MPH
Epidemiology, Bloomberg School of Public Health
Africa, AIDS, Antiretrovirals, Epidemiology, Infectious Diseases, Malaria, Malawi, Microbicides, Perinatal HIV Transmission, Sexually Transmitted Diseases.
Taha TE. Perspective of African-Based Research on HIV-1 Transmission through Breastfeeding: The Malawi Experience. Chapter 16 in Human Immunodeficiency Virus type 1 (HIV-1) and Breastfeeding Science, Research Advances, and Policy. Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology, 2012, 743:217-235.
Taha TE, Dadabhai SS, Rahman HM, Sun J, Kumwenda J, Kumwenda N. Trends in Birth Weight and Gestational Age for Infants Born to HIV-infected, Antiretroviral Treatment-naïve Women in Malawi. Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal, 2012, 31 (5):481-486.
Taha TE, Dadabhai SS, Sun J, Rahman MH, Kumwenda J, Kumwenda N. Child mortality levels and trends by HIV status in Blantyre, Malawi: 1989-2009. Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome, 2012; 61(2):226-234.
Taha TE, Li Q, Hoover DR, Mipando L, Nkanaunena K, Thigpen M, Taylor A, Kumwenda J, Fowler MG, Mofenson L, Kumwenda N. Post-Exposure Prophylaxis of Breastfeeding HIV-Exposed Infants with Antiretroviral Drugs to Age 14 Weeks: Updated Efficacy Results of the PEPI-Malawi Trial. Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome, 2011, 57 (4):319-325.
- Interventional Epidemiologic Research Studes to Reduce Mother-to-Child HIV-1 Transmission and Impro
- AIDS International Training and Research Program (Fogarty AITRP)
- The Malawi Clinical Trials Unit
- Training in HIV-related Non-communicable Disease Complications in Malawi
- JHU-Blantyre Clinical Trials Unit
- LOC-IMPAACT Leadership Group: JHU Y9 PF-Blantyre
- Leadership and Operations Center (LOC): Microbicide Trials Network
- Feasibility of HIV Prevention Cohort Sudies Among MSM in Sub-Saharan Africa