Joanne Katz, ScD MS,BSc
Associate Chair, Director of Academic Programs
International Health, Bloomberg School of Public Health
epidemiology, biostatistics, community trials, vitamin A, iron, zinc, micronutrients, neonatal and maternal health, adolescent pregnancy, reproductive health, ophthalmology, blindness and visual impairment, Nepal, Bangladesh.
Hughes M, Tielsch JM, Steinhoff M, Englund J, LeClerq SC, Khatry SK, Katz J. Infant Vaccination Timing: Beyond Traditional Coverage Metrics for Maximizing Impact of Vaccine Programs, an Example from Southern Nepal. Vaccine 2016. 34;933-941
Kozuki N, Katz J, Khatry SK, Tielsch JM, LeClerq SC, Mullany LC. Awareness and utilization of obstetric ultrasonography in rural Sarlahi District, Nepal. Int J Obstet Gynecol (accepted for publication).
Kozuki N, Katz J, Lee AC, Vogel JP, Silveira MF, Sania A, Stevens GA, Caulfield LE, Christian P, Huybregts L, Roberfroid D, Schmiegelow C, Adair L, Barros F, Cowan M, Fawzi W, Kolsteren P, Merialdi M, Mongkolchati A, Saville N, Victora CG, Bhutta ZA, Blencowe H, Cousens S, Ezzati M, Lawn JE, Black RE. Short maternal stature increases the risk of small-for-gestational-age and preterm birth in low and-middle income countries: meta-analysis and population attributable fraction. J Nutr 2015 doi: 10.3945/jn.115.216374. Editor’s Pick for Volume 145 Issue 11.
Kozuki N, Katz J, Christian P, Lee ACC, Liu Li, Baqui AH, Humphrey J, Huybregts L, Mongkolchati A, Mullany LC, Roberfroid D, Tielsch JM, Oddo VM, Black RE, on behalf of the Child Health Epidemiology Reference Group Preterm Birth-SGA Working Group. Small-for-gestational-age comparing U.S. birthweight references to INTERGROWTH-21st standard. JAMA Pediatr. 2015;169(7):e151438. doi:10.1001/jamapediatrics.
Tielsch JM, Steinhoff M, Katz J, Englund J, Kuypers J, Khatry SK, Shrestha L, LeClerq SC. Designs of Two Randomized, Community-Based Trials to Assess the Impact of Influenza Immunization during Pregnancy on Respiratory Illness among Pregnant Women and their Infants and Reproductive Outcomes in Rural Nepal. BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2015 Feb 20;15:40. doi: 10.1186/s12884-015-0470-y.
- Micronutrient Deficiency Study - Jivita (Off Campus)
- Newborn Vitamin A Supplementation Trial to Reduce Infant Mortality in Bangladesh
- Nepal Cookstove Replacement Trial
- Impact of iron and zinc supplementation on development in Nepalese children
- Field Trials of Maternal Influenza Immunization in Asia and Africa: Mother?s Gift Trials
- Cookstore Replacement for Prevention of ARI and Low Birthweight in Nepal
- Maternal Influenza Vaccine Trial
- Nepal Sunflower Oil Massage Study
- Pertussis in infants: characterization of risk and maternal immunological protection
- Pertussis in Mothers and Infants: Characterization of Risk and Maternal Immunological Protection
- Testing the feasibility of community-based portable ultrasound use to reduce intrapartum-related fe
- The Pediatric Eye Disease Consortium: A pooled analysis of individual participant data from populat