James Tielsch, PhD MHSc
International Health, Bloomberg School of Public Health
International Health,epidemiology,blindness prevention,micronutrient malnutrition,neonatal and child health,developing countries,outcomes research,
1. Friedman DS, Repka MX, Katz J, Giordano L, Ibironke J, Hawes P, Tielsch JM. Prevalence of amblyopia and strabismus in White and African-American children aged 6 through 71 months: The Baltimore Pediatric Eye Disease Study. Ophthalmology (accepted for publication).
2. Kordas K, Siegel EH, Olney DK, Katz, J., Tielsch JM, Kariger PK, Khalfan SS, LeClerq SC, Khatry SK, Stoltzfus RJ. The effects of iron and/or zinc supplementation on maternal reports of sleep in infants from Nepal and Zanzibar. Journal of Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics (accepted for publication).
3. Giordano L, Friedman DS, Repka MX, Katz J, Ibironke J, Hawes P, Tielsch JM. Prevalence of refractive error among preschool children in an American urban population: the Baltimore Pediatric Eye Disease Study. Ophthalmology (accepted for publication).
4. Vittor AY, Pan W, Gilman RH, Tielsch J, Glass G, Shields T, Sanchez-Lozano W, Pinedo VV, Salas-Cobos E, Patz JA. Linking deforestation to malaria in the Amazon: characterization of breeding habitat of the principal malaria vector, Anopheles darlingi. American Journal of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene (accepted for publication).
5. Mullany LC, Faillace S, Tielsch JM, Stoltzfus RJ, Haji HJ, Kavle J, Farag T, Khalfan SS, Nygaard K, Darmstadt GL. Incidence and risk factors for newborn umbilical cord infections on Pemba Island, Zanzibar, Tanzania. Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal (accepted for publication).
- Nepal Cookstove Replacement Trial
- Impact of iron and zinc supplementation on development in Nepalese children
- Field Trials of Maternal Influenza Immunization in Asia and Africa: Mother?s Gift Trials
- Cookstore Replacement for Prevention of ARI and Low Birthweight in Nepal
- Maternal Influenza Vaccine Trial
- Improving Community-Based Diagnosis of Acute Lower Respiratory Illness
- Cookstove Replacement for Prevention of ARI and Low Birth Weight in Nepal
- Nepal Sunflower Oil Massage Study
- Pertussis in infants: characterization of risk and maternal immunological protection