Caitlin Kennedy, PhD MPH,BA
Co-Director, MPH concentration in Social and Behavioral Sciences in Public Health; Associate Director, Center for Qualitative Studies in Health and Medicine
International Health, Bloomberg School of Public Health
SciVal Website Link
Current Courses Link
HIV, AIDS, HIV prevention, behavioral interventions, positive health dignity and prevention, serosorting, qualitative research, systematic review, meta-analysis, guidelines, World Health Organization, WHO, sexual and reproductive health, SRH, linkages, integration, research ethics, community-based participatory research, CBPR, Africa, Uganda, Tanzania, Swaziland, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Botswana, Togo, India
Selected recent publications
- Kennedy C, Fonner V, Armstrong K, O’Reilly K, Sweat M. Increasing HIV serostatus disclosure in low- and middle-income countries: a systematic review of intervention evaluations. AIDS. 2015 Jun;29 Suppl 1:S7-S23
Kennedy C, Brahmbhatt H, Likindikoki S, Mbwambo J, Beckham S, Kerrigan D. Exploring the potential of a conditional cash transfer intervention to reduce HIV risk among young women in Iringa, Tanzania. AIDS Care. 2014;26(3):275-81.
Kennedy C, Baral S, Fielding-Miller R, Adams D, Dludlu P, Sithole B, Fonner V, Mnisi Z, Kerrigan D. “They are human beings, they are Swazi”: Intersecting stigmas and the positive health, dignity and prevention needs of HIV-infected men who have sex with men in Swaziland. Journal of the International AIDS Society. 2013;16(Suppl 3):18749. PMCID: PMC3852123.
Kennedy C, Fonner V, O’Reilly K, Sweat M. A systematic review of income generation interventions, including microfinance and vocational skills training, for HIV prevention. AIDS Care. 2013 Oct 9. [Epub ahead of print]
Kerrigan D, Kennedy C, Morgan-Thomas R, Reza-Paul S, Mwangi P, Win, KT, McFall A, Fonner V, Butler J. A community empowerment approach to the HIV response among sex workers: Effectiveness, challenges, and considerations for implementation and scale-up. The Lancet. 2014 Jul 21. S0140-6736(14); 60973-9.
- Interpretations of HIV Campaign Messages in Tanzania and Botswana
- Formative Research to Define a Combination HIV Prevention Package in Iringa Tanzania
- Understanding HIV-related vulnerability among sex workers and their regular partners in the Dominic
- To Provide Scientific Support to DMSC in Conducting Their Demonstration Project
- To Assist with Multiple Aspects of Updating the WHO 2006 Guideline