Below is a compilation of essential resources for the first-time and experienced international traveler. Items marked with an asterisk (*) indicate required items for all CGH grantees.
If you are in the field and have an issue, complete the above incident form and we will follow-up with you within 24-hours
Required registration for Hopkins students!
The travel registry provides an easy-to-use way for faculty, staff, postdoctoral fellows, and student traveling internationally to register their travel plans.
Johns Hopkins Travel and Tropical Medicine
International Travel Training
*The CGH provides open-access travel training modules covering safety, wellness, and preparation. We offer this course through either 1) the JHSPH Department of International Health (CoursePlus, course 220.600.81), or 2) Coursera.
Other pre-departure preparation links:
- CDC Travel Slides (Powerpoint download)
- CDC Yellow Book for Travelers
- Global Health Ethical Challenges
- PREVENTion Highlights(Powerpoint download)
- International Travel Training Seminar (Powerpoint download)
- JHU Travel Registry*
- CGH Overseas Travel Handbook(PDF download)
- CGH Travel Documents Information Sheet (PDF download)
- CGH Pre-Travel Insurance Information Sheet (PDF download)
- Office of International Student, Faculty, and Staff Services at Hopkins (For International Students, Staff, and Faculty)
US Department of State
- Passport Information
- In-Country Embassy Information
- Travel Page
- Travel Registration
- Country-Specific Information