How to Apply
Step 1: Review Placement Opportunities
Placements are organized by student eligibility. Students may apply only to those placements that match their current status.
Check out the 2017 GHEFP sites!
The 2017 GHEFP applications will be accepted starting on 01/02/2017. The application deadline is 02/07/2017.
Step 2: Learn How it Works
PIs CANNOT offer you a placement. Students and sites are matched based on their respective preferences.
NOTE: Students have the opportunity to change their preferences ONCE and must call the CGH to do this.
Step 3: Complete Application
Download the forms below and complete the application materials
You will need to complete and submit the following:
- Application/Commitment Form
- Three site-specific essays (in separate documents)
- Site Preference Form
- Unofficial Transcript (downloaded from SIS)
- Recommendation Form (must be a JHU faculty member and cannot be completed by the PI of a site to which you are applying)
- Optional: CV or resume (strongly recommended)
Step 4: Upload Materials
- Applications can be submited starting January 02, 2017 through February 7, 2017 using the application upload link below.
- Have your advisor/mentor submit the signed letter of recommendation to the Student Program Coordinator, JHSPH.email@example.com
The application cycle is now closed.
Application Due Date: The 2017 due date is February 7, 2017 (11:59 PM EST). No late applications will be accepted.
If you accept the award you will be required to attend a meeting on March 28, 2017 at 4 PM in Sheldon Hall.
Step 5 (Optional): Interview with PI
Faculty members have the opportunity to interview the candidates for their site. Please not that not all PIs take advantage of this opportunity for a variety of reasons. If you are interviewed, consult these guidelines in preparation. Remember that interviews provide the space for your to ask questions of the PI as well as share information about your credientials.
Student Program Coordinator