How to Apply
Step 1: Review Placement Opportunities
Placements are organized by student eligibility. Students may apply only to those placements that match their current status.
The 2019 GHEFP applications are now open! The application deadline is 02/05/2019 at 11:59pm EST.
Step 2: Learn How it Works
JHU Faculty members CANNOT offer you a placement. Only CGH can formally offer placements Students and sites are matched based on their respective preferences.
NOTE: Students have the opportunity to change their preferences ONCE and must call the CGH to do this.
Step 3: Complete Application
Download the forms below and complete the application materials
You will need to complete and submit the following:
- Application and Committment form (you need to enable macros to use this form)
- Three site-specific essays (in separate documents)
- Site Preference Form
- Unofficial Transcript (downloaded from SIS)
- Recommendation Form (must be a JHU faculty member and cannot be completed by the PI of a site to which you are applying)
- Optional: CV or resume (strongly recommended)
Step 4: Upload Materials
- Applications can be submitted starting January 2, 2019, through February 5, 2019, using the application upload link below.
- Have your JHU advisor/mentor submit the signed letter of recommendation to the Student Program Coordinator (email@example.com)
The GHEFP 2019 Student Application Period is now Closed
Application Due Date: The 2019 due date is February 5, 2019 (11:59 PM EST). No late applications will be accepted so please plan ahead.
If you accept the award you will be required to attend a meeting on March 26, 2019, at 4:15 PM (Sheldon Hall, W1214, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health).
Step 5 (Optional): Interview with PI
Faculty members have the opportunity to interview the candidates for their site. Please note that not all PIs take advantage of this opportunity for a variety of reasons. If you are interviewed, consult these guidelines in preparation. Remember that interviews provide the space for you to ask questions of the PI as well as share information about your credentials.