General Conference Grant Program:
Students are eligible to apply for funds to support their participation in conferences where they will present research completed as a Global Health Field Research Award or Global Health Established Field Placement participant. The Center for Global Health recognizes that participation in global health discussions domestically and internationally provides the opportunities for engagement in dialogue that strives to effectively address and ameliorate the world's most pressing health issues. Conferences opportunities also provide venues to develop key partnerships with various organizations, universities, and governments strengthening the resources necessary to the generation of sustainable and effective approaches.
Guidelines & Eligibility:
- Funding is limited and competitive.
- For each cycle (starting in September and ending the following August), only four grants will be awarded. Four $500 grants will be available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Only students who participated in the GHFRA and GHEFP in the summer previous to the start of the cycle are eligible.
- Only students with accepted presentation/poster are eligible to apply for funding.
- Funding must be used to pay for conference related items: conference registration, poster printing, coach-level airfare, local transportation, lodging, and meals.
- The Center cannot provide support for conference participation beyond $500.
- Funding requests must be submitted via the appropriate application.
- Applications must be submitted 60 days prior to anticipate departed to the conference.
- Funding is limited only to present research pursued during GHFRA and GHEFP.
- Students must attend the conference within 12 months of the application submission.
- Awarded students are expected to submit a final abstract and acceptable citation for the presentation along with 2 hi-res photos of the student presenting at the conference with appropriate caption.
- The Center for Global Health expects, as with all academic research, students to acknowledge the affiliation and support the CGH in their presentation, paper, and/or poster. For example, “Supported, in part, by the Johns Hopkins Center for Global Health.”
Application Process: Students should complete and submit the below application along with proof (i.e. email confirmation) of presentation/poster acceptance from conference organizing entity to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed and awardees will be notified 30 days of the request.