GHEFP Site Request Form
We've been alerted to some issues with faculty 1. not receiving application submission confirmation emails or 2. not receiving confirmations if submitting multiple sites.If you do not receive a confirmation email within 15 minutes of submission, please try a different internet browser. If you are submitting multiple site applications, please allow 5-10 minutes between submissions. If issues persist, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your patience as we resolve this.
GHEFP Faculty Mentors are expected to:
- Ensure project funding is in place prior to submitting the application to host a site.
- Ensure you and your students agree upon your mutual understanding of their work and expectations.
- Provide additional support (financial or in-kind) to help students afford their experience. Stipends are permitted, hourly pay is not.
- Ensure your in-country partners agree to have a Hopkins student on-site, and if appropriate, supervised by them.
- Help students plan their travel that meets the six week minimum and find appropriate & affordable accommodation.
- Connect students with in-country partners prior to departure and make sure they seem to be working together.
- Check in with students regularly if not on site during their placement.
- Contact the Center for Global Health with any issues prior to or during the placement.
- Upon the student's return schedule a feedback session to reflect on the placement, their experience and your mentorship relationship.
With your submission of this application, you acknowledge and commit to the above nine GHEFP faculty expectations. Upon submission you will be directed to a thank you page. If you are not immediately directed to a thank you page, check for errors and resubmit!
Contact Information (will be shared with applicants)
This should be the information for the Hopkins faculty who will be interviewing candidates and overseeing the internship. You should expect contact from interested applicants. Please try to answer their questions but do not conduct interviews at this stage.
Local Collaborator (will not be shared with applicants)
Please provide the contact information for the local supervisor who will serve as the student's in-country mentor. As Hopkins faculty members often cannot be in-country for the full duration of the student's placement, a local collaborator will play a large role in the student's GHEFP.
Please enter the word you see in the image below: