GHEFP Site Request Form
The Global Health Established Field Placement Site Request Form is now online.The deadline is December 14, 2016 at 11:59 PM EST. Please consult the Call for Applications and the example for application guidelines. Please remember that only 1 student can be placed or requested per site. The only exception is that those sites open to undergraduates is allowed to accept 1 graduate and 1 undergraduate, for a total of 2 students. Faculty members are eligible to submit separate applications for more than one site.
If you have any questions about the application process, please email the Student Program Coordinator | JHSPH.firstname.lastname@example.org
GHEFP Faculty Mentors are expected to:
- Make sure project funding is in place prior to submitting the application to host a site.
- Make sure you and your students agree upon your mutual understanding of their work and expectations.
- Provide additional support (financial or in-kind) to help students afford their experience. Stipends are permitted, hourly pay is not.
- Make sure your in-country partners agree to have a Hopkins student on-site, and if appropriate, supervised by them.
- Help students plan their travel that meets the six week minimum and find appropriate & affordable accommodation.
- Connect students with in-country partners prior to departure and make sure they seem to be working together.
- Check in with students regularly if not on site during their placement.
- Contact the Center for Global Health with any issues prior to or during the placement.
- Upon the student's return schedule a feedback session to reflect on the placement, their experience and your mentorship relationship.
With your submission of this application, you acknowledge and commit to the above nine GHEFP faculty expectations. Upon submission you will be directed to a thank you page. If you are not immediately directed to a thank you page, check for errors and resubmit!
Contact Information (will be shared with applicants)
This should be the information for the Hopkins faculty who will be interviewing candidates and overseeing the internship. You should expect contact from interested applicants. Please try to answer their questions but do not conduct interviews at this stage.
Local Collaborator (will not be shared with applicants)
Please provide the contact information for the local supervisor who will serve as the student's in-country mentor. As Hopkins faculty members often cannot be in-country for the full duration of the student's placement, a local collaborator will play a large role in the student's GHEFP.
In order to submit, fill in the captcha below and click the submit button:
Please enter the word you see in the image below: