Stefan Baral, MD MPH,MBA,MSc
Director, Key Populations Program
Epidemiology, Bloomberg School of Public Health
epidemiology, men who have sex with men, most at risk populations, criminalization, human rights abuses, HIV, sexually transmitted infections, Africa, sex work, injection drug users
- Baral S, Beyrer C, Muessig K, et al. Burden of HIV among female sex workers in low-income and middle-income countries: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Lancet Infect Dis 2012; 12(7): 538-49
- Baral S, Sifakis F, Cleghorn F, Beyrer C. Elevated risk for HIV infection among men who have sex with men in low- and middle-income countries 2000-2006: a systematic review. PLoS Med 2007; 4(12): e339.
- Schwartz S, Nowak R, Orazulike I, Keshinro B, Ake J, Kennedy S, Njoku O, Blattner W, Charurat M, Baral S, on behalf of the TRUST Study Group. The immediate effect of the Same-Sex Marriage Prohibition Act on stigma, discrimination, and engagement on HIV prevention and treatment services in men who have sex with men in Nigeria: analysis of prospective data from the TRUST cohort. The Lancet HIV. Published online 1 June 2015.
- Baral SD, Wirtz A, Sifakis F, Johns B, Walker D, Beyrer C. The Highest Attainable Standard of Evidence (HASTE) for HIV/AIDS Interventions: Toward a Public Health Approach to Defining Evidence. Public Health Rep 2012; 127(6): 572-84.
- Peitzmeier, S. M., A. Grosso, A. Bowes, N. Ceesay and S. D. Baral (2015). "Associations of Stigma With Negative Health Outcomes for People Living With HIV in the Gambia: Implications for Key Populations." J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 68 Suppl 2: S146-153.
- Evaluating a pilot combination HIV prevention intervention for Men who have Sex with Men (MSM) in M
- A Package of Combination HIV Prevention Interventions for MSM in Southern Africa
- MSM and Human Rights Support in West Africa
- Characterizing Strategies to Prevent Mother to Child Transmission of HIV among Female Sex Workers i
- Implementation of the West Africa Research to Inform Programming
- MSM peer educator and health services
- Continuum of prevention, care and treatment (CoPCT) of HIV/AIDS
- Strategic Partnership between the Center for Public Health and Human Rights
- The Johns Hopkins Center for AIDS Research (JHU CFAR): Baral PEPFAR
- Leveraging community & peer-based approaches to enhance the continuum of HIV