Mathuram Santosham, MD MPH
Director, Center for American Indian Health; Professor, International Health and Pediatrics
International Health, Bloomberg School of Public Health
International Health,Epidemiologic studies of enteric infections,improved oral rehydration therapy,field testing of vaccines,h. influenzae tybe b,pneumococcal,neonatal health,Zinc supplementation,
Coles CL, Bose A, Moses PD, Mathew L, Agarwal I, Mammen T, Santosham M. Infectious etiology modifies the treatment effect of zinc in severe pneumonia. Am J Clin Nutr. 2007; 86: 397-403.
Millar EV, O’Brien KL, Bronsdon MA, Madore D, Hackell J, Reid R, Santosham M. Anti-capsular serum antibody concentration and protection against pneumococcal colonization induced by 7-valent conjugate pneumococcal vaccine (PnCRM7). Clin Infect Dis. 2007;44(9):1173-9. PMID 17407035
Lipsitch M, O’Neill K, Bugalter B, Trzcinski K, Cordy D, Thompson CM, Goldstein R, Pelton S, Huot H, Bouchet V, Reid R, Santosham M, O’Brien KL. Strain characteristics of Streptococcus pneumoniae isolated from carriage and invasive disease during a cluster-randomized clinical trial of the 7-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine. J Infect Dis. In Press.
Basset A, Trzcinxki K, Hermos C, O’Brien KL, Reid R, Santosham M. McAdam A, Lipsitch M, Malley R. Frequency of the pilus in pneumococcal isolates: Association with certain capsular serotypes but not with increased virulence. J Clin Microbiol 2007 Mar 28 (E-pub) PMID 17392439
Eick A, Shaw J, Thumar B, Reid R, Santosham M, Karron R, O’Brien KL. The role of RSV neutralizing antibodies in protecting infants from severe and non-severe RSV disease. Pediatr Infect Dis J. In Press.
- Etiology, Prevention and Treatment of Neonatal Infections in the Community
- Incidence and Determinants of Post Myocardial Infarction Sudden Cardiac Death in South India
- Influenza Vaccine Efficacy against Childhood Pneumonia in Urban Tropical Setting
- Building an Enabling Environment for Pneumonia and Diarrhea Vaccines in India (EEVI)
- Providing Technical Assistance in Evaluating the Implementation of Pneumonia and Meningitis Vaccine
- Building an Enabling Environment for Vaccines in India (EEVI2)
- Baseline Assessment for Streptococcus Pneumoniae of India Serotypes (BASIS)
- Rotavirus Organization of Technical Allies (ROTA) Council