Luke C. Mullany, PhD MHS,BS
International Health, Bloomberg School of Public Health
neonatal health, child survival, umbilical cord infection, skin infection, skin barrier function, chlorhexidine, omphalitis, low birth weight, human rights, sunflower seed oil, emollient therapy, oxytocin
Stanton CK, Newton S, Mullany LC, Cofie P, Tawiah-Agyemang C, Adiibokah E, Darcy N, Khan S, Armbruster D, Gyapong J, Owusu-Agyei S. Effect on postpartum hemorrhage of prophylactic administration of oxytocin 10 IU administered via UnijectTM by peripheral health care providers at home births in four districts in Ghana: a community-based, cluster-randomized trial. PLoS Med. 2013 Oct;10(10):e1001524.
Debes AK, Kohli A, Walker N, Edmond K, Mullany LC. Time to initiation of breastfeeding and neonatal morbidity and mortality: A systematic review. BMC Public Health 2013, 13(Suppl 3):S19.
Mullany LC, Khatry SK, Katz J, Stanton CK, Lee AC, Darmstadt GL, LeClerq SC, Tielsch JM. Injections during labor and intrapartum-related hypoxic injury and mortality in rural southern Nepal. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2013 Jul;122(1):22-6.
Mullany LC, Shah R, Arifeen SE, Mannan I, Winch PJ, Hill A, Darmstadt GL, Baqui AH. Chlorhexidine cleansing of the umbilical cord and separation time in rural Sylhet District, Bangladesh: a cluster-randomized trial. Pediatrics. 2013 Apr;131(4):708-15.
Mullany LC, Saha SK, Shah MR, Islam S, Rahman M, Islam M, Rahman MR, Arifeen SE, Darmstadt GL, Baqui AH. Impact of 4.0% chlorhexidine cord cleansing on bacteriological profile of the newborn umbilical stump in rural Sylhet District, Bangladesh: a community-based, cluster-randomized trial. Pediatr Infect Dis J 2012; 31(5):444-450.
- Impact of Umbilical Cord Cleansing with Chlorhexidine on Neonatal Mortality and Omphalitis in Bangl
- Mortality risk associated with neonatal hypothermia among newborns in southern Nepal
- Human Rights Violations and HIV Related Outcomes among Men who have Sex with Men in Nepal
- Incidence, risk factors, and consequences of neonatal hypothermia in Nepal
- Cookstore Replacement for Prevention of ARI and Low Birthweight in Nepal
- Maternal Influenza Vaccine Trial
- Human rights violations affecting Nepali widows and their children
- mCare: Enhancing survival of high-risk neonates in rural S. Asia
- A ncillary Care in Community-Based Research: Deciding What to Do
- Nepal Sunflower Oil Massage Study
- Pertussis in infants: characterization of risk and maternal immunological protection
- Impact of Sunflower Seed Oil Massage on Neonatal Morbidity & Mortality in Nepal
- Health Research Challenge for Impact: Newborn/Maternal Compl
- Testing the feasibility of community-based portable ultrasound use to reduce intrapartum-related fe