Chris Beyrer, MD MPH
Director, Johns Hopkins Training Program in HIV Epidemiology and Prevention Science; Director, Johns Hopkins Center for Public Health & Human Rights; Co-PI, Johns Hopkins Center for AIDS Research (JHU CFAR); Associate Director, Center for Global Health
Epidemiology, Bloomberg School of Public Health
HIV/AIDS, molecular epidemiology, human rights, China, Burma, Russia, Thailand, Kazakhstan, HIV vaccines
Baral S, Trapence G, Motimedi F, Umar E, Iipinge S, Dausab F, Beyrer C. HIV prevalence, risks for HIV infection, and human rights among men who have sex with men (MSM) in Malawi, Namibia, and Botswana. PLoS ONE. 2009;4(3):e4997. Epub 2009 Mar 26.
Teela KC, Mullany LC, Lee CI, Poh E, Paw P, Masenior N, Maung C, Beyrer C, Lee TJ. Community-based delivery of maternal care in conflict-affected areas of eastern Burma: perspectives from lay maternal health workers. Soc Sci Med. 2009 Apr;68(7):1332-40. Epub 2009 Feb 18.
Beyrer C. Hidden yet happening: the epidemics of sexually transmitted infections and HIV among men who have sex with men in developing countries. Sex Transm Infect. 2008 June;84(6):410-2.
Beyrer C, Lee TJ. Responding to infectious diseases in Burma and her border regions. Confl. Health. 2008 Mar 14;2(1):2.
Saavedra J, Izazola-Licea JA, Beyrer C. Sex between men in the context of HIV: The AIDS 2008 Jonathan Mann Memorial Lecture in health and human rights. J Int AIDS Soc. 2008 Dec 24;11(1):9.
- The Johns Hopkins Fogarty AIDS International Training & Research Program (AITRP)
- JHU-Fogarty African Bioethics Training Program
- AIDS International Training and Research Program (Fogarty AITRP)
- Center for Public Health and Human Rights
- Southern Asia HIV/AIDS Clinical Trials Unit
- Johns Hopkins University-Guangxi, China Clinical Trials Unit
- Understanding Risk Factors for HIV and Creating Innovative Prevention Interventions in Kazakhstan:
- Gay, Bisexual, and MSM in Moscow, Russia: Identity, Health Risks, and Stigma
- HIV/STI Risks Among Migrant Male Workers in Kazakhstan
- Couples-based HIV/STI Prevention for Injecting Drug Users in Kazakhstan
- Evaluating a pilot combination HIV prevention intervention for Men who have Sex with Men (MSM) in M
- HVTN Associate Director for Sites in Asia and Eastern Europe & Chair, IDU Trials Working Group
- HIV Epidemic Among People Who Use Drugs
- Promotion of sexual health, HIV prevention, and health services among gay, bisexual and other men w
- Providing Health and HIV Technical Support within Burma and Building International Support for the
- A Package of Combination HIV Prevention Interventions for MSM in Southern Africa
- Training in HIV-related Non-communicable Disease Complications in Malawi
- Continuum of Care Innovations for GMT in Burma/Myanmar
- HIV Investment Case Development
- IAS Presidency Support
- Johns Hopkins HIV Epidemiology and Prevention Sciences Training Program
- High Risk Men: Identity, Health Risks, and Stigma