Albert Wu, MD MPH
Director, Center for Health Services and Outcomes Research; Director, PhD Program in Health Services Research & Policy; Director, Certificate Program in Quality, Patient Safety & Outcomes Research; Immediate Past President, Faculty Senate
Health Policy and Management, Bloomberg School of Public Health
Patient Safety, Second Victim, Disclosure, Quality of Life, Comparative Effectiveness Research, Patient Centered Outcomes Research, Quality of Care, MOS-HIV Health Survey
Dr. Wu has devoted his career to improving the experience of patients receiving health care, as well as their outcomes and safety. He has published widely in the areas of patient-reported outcomes research, with a focus on assessing patient-reported outcomes (PROs), and on the quality and safety of health care.
- Wu AW, Kharrazi H, Boulware LE, Snyder CF. Measure once, cut twice--adding patient-reported outcome measures to the electronic health record for comparative effectiveness research. J Clin Epidemiol. 2013 Aug;66(8 Suppl):S12-20. doi: 10.1016/j.jclinepi.2013.04.005. PubMed PMID: 23849145; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC3779680
- Snyder CF, Blackford AL, Wolff AC, Carducci MA, Herman JM, Wu AW; PatientViewpoint Scientific Advisory Board. Feasibility and value of PatientViewpoint: a web system for patient-reported outcomes assessment in clinical practice. Psychooncology. 2013 Apr;22(4):895-901. doi: 10.1002/pon.3087. Epub 2012 Apr 30. PubMed PMID: 22544513; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC3415606.
- Pratt S, Kenney L, Scott SD, Wu AW. How to develop a second victim support program: a toolkit for health care organizations. Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf. 2012 May;38(5):235-40, 193. PubMed PMID: 22649864.
- Wu AW, Snyder C, Clancy CM, Steinwachs DM. Adding the patient perspective to comparative effectiveness research. Health Aff (Millwood). 2010 Oct;29(10):1863-71. doi: 10.1377/hlthaff.2010.0660. PubMed PMID: 20921487.
Wu AW (editor). The value of close calls in improving patient safety: learning how to avoid and mitigate patient harm. Joint Commission Resources, Oak Brook, IL, 2010.
- Advancing stated-preference methods for measuring the preferences of patients with type 2 diabetes
- Reliability and Responsiveness of PROMIS tools in Orthopaedic Trauma Patients
- Improving the Emergency Department (ED) Discharge Process
- Patient-Reported Outcomes in Routine Clinical Care of Patients Infected with HIV
- Comparative Effectiveness of Care Delivery Interventions in Serious Mental Illness
- Comparative Effectiveness Studies to Improve Patient Outcomes in End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)